Tuesday, September 10, 2013

27 Dresses....

....Or 30. I just can't decide!
 I'm definitely leaning towards 30...it's a nice even number, it gives me a month's worth of dresses to wear....
Though I have taken the inspiration of 27 Dresses from 2 things:  
1) the AWESOME & delightfully wicked Rom Com of the same name. Yes, I said RomCom... and  
2) my wickedly delightful obsession with One Direction Fan Fics...
Don't judge me.
Here is one that I LOVE and is based on the movie. You can find it here: Makes Me Wonder - Short Story by the AMAZING Styles For Stiles. If you dig it, read more of them! As I said before, they are wickedly delightful!

Anyhoo, I digress....
YES! It's been like a billion years since I have been on here, but now that I really have a plan I really want to share! I mean, I've been keeping up with the sewing, but it's been pretty much regulated to pillows, duvet covers & 1D change purses....I will fill you in later with that...and yes, it is what it sounds like. LOL
It was getting pretty repetitive, and I was feeling ant-sy....like I just needed something more. I'd been thinking about making dresses for a while but just wasn't finding a) a pattern that I loved , and b) a pattern that I could follow. I have been feeling pretty confident about my skills, but for some reason trying to tackle a pattern all by my lonesome was proving to be a bit more of a challenge for me. I have so many ideas in my head for dresses, and as much as I love my store bought beauties, I really just wanted to find the perfect pattern!

Sew a few weeks ago I was roaming around some of my favorite sewing blogs, and noticed that the rad fabric store Spool Of Thread had some new sewing classes up and running. And there it was. The EXACT dress I have been looking for, AND they were offering a class for it! YAY! Happy Birthday to me!
The dress in question: The Staple Dress by April Rhodes. And people, this dress is THE BEST!
 

I took my 2 evening class and was super stoked with the results! Here is my version:
Guys, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this dress pattern! It is EXACTLY what I have been looking for....An easy, breezy style that can be made longer, shorter, with different necklines, different sleeves...what have you! So therein lies my inspiration! A great dress, a fabric stash that needs to be utilized, and a 3 month plan. I am going to tackle the 30 dress....yes, since starting the blog entry I have decided it has to be 30....challenge. I will make 30 of the April Rhodes Staple Dress in varying styles by the end of December. I'm SUPER excited about having a bunch of comfortable, get up and go dresses for work & play. And I will document all my dresses right here! I hope you enjoy coming along for the ride!

XOXO
T


No comments:

Post a Comment